Skip navigation




























































Transfer Planning

This section provides information and resources you can use to plan for a successful transfer. To see how the resources in this section fit into transfer planning, view the Transfer Action Plan first.

Transfer Action Plan offers details about specific planning steps and resources.

Transferology is a nation-wide network that gives students quick answers on how their college credits and other learning experiences transfer to higher education institutions.

Transfer Guides and course equivalency information help you in selecting courses that will satisfy program or major requirements at receiving colleges or universities.

Transfer Websites are available in a searchable database for colleges and universities in Minnesota. These websites provide you with specific transfer information for the college or university of your choice.

Minnesota Transfer Curriculum (MnTC) provides information about the curriculum and a sample program.

MnTC Course and Goal Lists provide Minnesota Transfer Curriculum courses offered at the Minnesota State Colleges & Universities and the University of Minnesota .

Liberal education requirements for the University of Minnesota Crookston, Duluth, Morris, and Twin Cities campuses are available on these websites.

The University of Minnesota-Twin Cities offers guaranteed admission to some majors through the Minnesota Cooperative Admissions Program (MnCAP) with seven public two-year colleges once criteria are met. More information is available at the University of Minnestoa-Twin Cities. A form to sign up to apply to the program is available at Minnesota Cooperative Admissions Program Form

Articulation Agreements are provided in a searchable database for Minnesota State Colleges and Universities, the University of Minnesota, and other colleges and universities for specialized professional or technical programs (e.g., AS, AFA, AAS, diplomas, certificates). These agreements specify which courses taken at a sending college can be applied to program/major goals at the receiving college or university.

Other Types of Transfer Credit provides information about credits accepted by the Minnesota State Colleges & Universities, as well as descriptions of each credit type (Advanced Placement (AP), College Level Examination Program (CLEP), International, Military, International Baccalaureate (IB), Credit for Life Work/Experience, and more.

Course Schedules, Outlines and Catalogs are provided for MnSCU institutions, the University of Minnesota, and Private colleges and universities.



Last updated: 3/27/2020

Print this page